At The Ryde School we have worked hard to develop a creative and innovative curriculum that both inspires and motivates our children to learn.
Based on the National Curriculum, we offer a rich themed cross curricular approach to learning each half term, where children have opportunities to learn outside the classroom. Children’s learning is assessed and evaluated regularly and next steps are planned for to enable all children to make the progress they are truly capable of.
Our curriculum is fully inclusive and we aim to promote the cultural, moral, intellectual, spiritual and physical development of all children. Although we offer our children many unique learning experiences these are underpinned by the teaching of basic skills that are vital for success in life.
We aim to foster a love of reading and offer a wide range of books and experiences to encourage children to be readers. We encourage our children to write purposefully, expressing themselves clearly through the use of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
Home learning activities can be found on the Children tab under the appropriate class.
- Nursery Curriculum Overview 2022 (544KB)
- Nursery Curriculum Spring 2022 (108KB)
- Reception Curriculum Spring 2022 (112KB)
- Year 1 Spring Overview 2022 (94KB)
- Year 2 Spring Overview 2022 (106KB)
- Year 3 Spring Overview 2022 (117KB)
- Year 4 Spring Overview 2022 (100KB)
- Year 5 Curriculum Spring 2022 (127KB)
- Year 6 Curriculum Spring 2022 (125KB)